Thursday 3 June 2010

MAC Thrills lipstick - To The Beach collection


Okay, so before I start, I want to say that I LOVE MAC cosmetics. Love love love.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to check out this summers main collection To The Beach. This collection really is pretty, I think the packaging is super cute, the eye and face products have olive green packaging and the lip products have coral/orange packaging. Everything has a sweet little picture of a shell or a starfish or something on it too, super cute.
The colours are pretty much your typical summer colours, bronzey / peachy / greeny / yellowy / pinks.





I only bought 2 items, the infamous Marine Life Highlight Powder, and Thrills lipstick. (I would have got more, but my MAC counter was almost sold out of everything. The only things that were left weren't that nice lol)

So, after a couple of times using Thrills lipstick, my mind is made up. This lipstick SUCKS.
Now don't get me wrong, the colour is gorgeous. A red/copper/peach base with bronze/gold shimmers. However: This is the most drying lipstick I have ever used!!

Normally MAC lipsticks stay moist for about 2-3 hours, and the colour lasts a further 2-3 hours (for me anyway, providing you don't eat or drink lol) but Thrills is different.
First application is okay, no different from any other lipstick really, but within about half an hour, my lips are dry, feel horrible, and all that is actually left on my lips is a sh*t load of the bronze glitter, which just looks ridiculous.

See more pictures below. (My nail polish is Raspberry by Barry M by the way)


This is the 'true' colour of the lipstick, I angled it away from the sun so the shimmers weren't sparkling. Pretty colour no?

Here you can see the shimmers in action

This is a few minutes after application, the colour is nice, but the shimmers are rather distracting

About 20 minutes after application, most of the moisture is gone, shimmers remain.

Then after that it just gets worse. Imagine a dried out sponge with glitter stuck to it.

1 comment:

  1. That's a shame because the colour is gorgeous.

    How did you find the highlighter?

    ReplyDelete